The game of curling was played in Pakenham as early as the 1860's on the Mississippi River where the five span bridge now stands. As the popularity of curling grew and competition between surrounding towns flourished, the game moved upstream and an outdoor rink was established at the spot known as Bulley's Acre. The games were played outside with Iron curling “stones,” shaped like tea kettles, some weighing up to 80 pounds. Irons, as they were called, were used by curlers throughout the Ottawa Valley until the mid-1900s when they were replaced by granite stones.
The first covered rink in Pakenham was built in 1892, on Victoria Street and it served the members well until 1927, when the building had to be demolished due to deteriorating conditions. In 1939 two sheets of ice and the Clubhouse were rebuilt on the corner of Jessie and Isabella Streets by local supporters at a cost of $2,150.00. The Pakenham Curling Club, P.C.C., was officially established.
Modernization came to the club in 1958 when the artificial ice plant was installed. Innovations to making ice led to a longer curling season and an increase in membership. In 1982 the club's ice area was condemned and had to be demolished. Club members pitched in and helped tear down and rebuild the structure, extending the second story over the ice surface. The P.C.C. reopened to the public in November, 1983.
In 2019 the Pakenham Curling Club will celebrate its 80th Anniversary since establishing in 1939. The club can attribute 80 years of success to it's community of new and returning members of all ages.